Wednesday 17 March 2010

Holes

The forest returned to a more wintry feel again today; the air was chilled, the valleys shrouded in a mix of icy mists and wood smoke from forestry operations; plumes of smoke rose from several places around the forest and were clearly visible from the high ground of Picket Plain.  Descending down Marrow bones Hill towards the illustrated tree I took a route I had taken many times before and yet as I passed I noticed things I had previously overlooked.  Two circular depressions, if I were in Studland I would have thought them bomb craters, the a third larger hole, filled on one side by concrete debris...interesting.  This started a minor investigation.  Searching the undergrowth further, I found several old bottles, broken china, broken earthenware jar, brick fragments and iron work.  What was going on here, I don't yet know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment