Sunday 7 February 2010

British Museum

A place I really should have visited before, the British museum.  Having been interested in archaeology for 25 years or more, you'd have thought I'd have been a regular visitor; but the city is not a natural habitat for me and I shy away from journeying there, although I really should visit more often.  The museum was filled with objects I'd seen a thousand times in books, on programmes; but in the real, in the real they shone.  We only had a couple of hours, after shopping in the mind blowing large Forbidden planet and HMV along with a plethora of smaller groovy record stores, all I managed to see were the British prehistory, Romano British and some of the Middle East.  Still, to see some of those beautifully crafted artifacts was inspiring, the detail, the quality of craftsmanship; outstanding.  I'm beginning to really sense that the past is calling to me to find it, at every turn I look about and there's archaeology giving me a hearty wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment