Friday 13 November 2009

Aqua Silva

And they most certainly were; the rain over the last couple of days have brought extreme moistness to the woods and heathland. The usual stream crossings are underwater, areas of woodland are underwater and in some places the water has already re sculpted islands and banks. When trying to cross what is usually a (jumpable) small, and in places narrow, stream I was today faced by a flooding lowland valley, the small grassy mounds and tussocks had become spongy stepping stones and just I thought I'd navigated a relatively safe path I took one step forward and was up to my knees in mud and water...oh how I laughed, I hadn't reached the stream yet! It wasn't only your choice of path that could lead you to dampness today, no, there was the seasonal 'do I get wet from the rain' or 'wet from sweating in all this wet weather gear whilst traversing arduous terrain'; either way you get damp. Contrary to what said before, the leaf falling appear to have slowed down as if the trees are reluctant to release them; even with the wind and the rain we've had they're holding on. Arriving at the forest the sky was heavily clouded, grey but dry, then as I walked there were suddenly a few moments when all the colours in the landscape appeared really vivid and sharp, I drank in the views; then just as quickly the clouds opened and landscape was shrouded in rain, quite heavy and very wet rain. Lucky people are waterproof :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment