Saturday 9 September 2017

Norris

 Norris  7th February 2005 to 9th September 2017

Over the years, when talking about walking, I've used the plural pronoun 'we', and when I have, invariably it has referred to myself and Norris, my beautiful trusty hound and friend. Sadly today I lost that friend, and I am truly heartbroken.  A unique and irreplaceable spirit, Norris showed boundless love, gave a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on, he never judged and was unfaltering loyal.  Norris was always happy and friendly, enthusiastic for the adventure ahead, any adventure, and of course very enthusiastic about food. He brought joy to all our lives. My constant companion, we shared a deep bond, trusting each other implicitly, he carried me through difficult times and was always there for me.  Consistently by my side (unless he saw deer, of course), we walked thousands of miles together over the years, and that's no exaggeration. I'd GPS our walks and one year we'd walked over 1600 miles; mostly through the New Forest, Cranborne, West Dorest and Purbeck. When I stopped to take a photo, he waited patiently, if I fell asleep in the woods, he'd always be sat right next to me wagging when I awoke. I know he achieved a good age at 12 and a half, and I know his passing was inevitable, but still I feel his loss so sharply. Norris had remained mostly fit and healthy for a dog of his age, and although he'd slowed down in recent times,and required orthopaedic boots, he remained young at heart and full of enthusiasm, still enjoying our near daily walks in the forest he adored. It was a privilege to have had Norris in my life, and to count him as my friend; he enriched my life no end, and I hope in return I enriched his. I love him so, and I will miss him terribly, though I know he'll always be walking with me, as our spirits are bound, and I shall always carry him in my heart. 

This is my blog, so of course it reflects my feelings, though it's not just me who mourns, our whole family loved and were loved by Norris, each member shared their own individual unique bond with him and all are broken hearted.

Goodbye my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment