Wednesday 6 September 2023

Mudeford quay

 
We used to holiday each year in Cornwall, we loved it, and as you'd expect every day we'd find ourselves somewhere on the coast. This evening I was sat on the edge of the harbour at Mudeford Quay watching the Sun's westward transit, around me the sound of happy chatter, the smell of fish and chips, on the water swans, gliding paddle boarders and the parade of small boats making their way single file up The Run into the harbour at days end, and my mind drifted off; then the dawning realization, this feels just like Cornwall. A warm wave of nostalgia washed over me, then I thought, why don't we come here more often? How could we neglect this local gem. One of the aspects we loved about Cornwall is right here at the end of the road, always has been, and we're such rare visitors. The type of dawning realization that experience tells me I'm undoubtedly destined to repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment