Wednesday 1 February 2023

Blase

 
We live with beauty on our doorstep, still it's so easy to become blasé about your surroundings isn't it, taking them for granted and failing to appreciate their qualities; familiarity breeds complacency/contempt maybe? I sometimes find myself looking to walk somewhere, anywhere, else except on my doorstep; and when I get like that I reach for a specific memory to remind me. Years ago whilst chatting in a post Office in Cornwall, the local I was conversing with on discovering where we'd come from began to wax lyrical about their holidays to Highcliffe and how they love the place, listing numerous positive points; and it struck me that they were the same enthusiastic tones I'd use waxing lyrically about our much loved trips to Cornwall; made me look at the many blessings of our home roam differently, appreciatively.  Sometimes I still need reminding.

No comments:

Post a Comment