Friday 30 September 2022

Cabin in the woods

 
I don't know how long this, what was a, fantastically well constructed shelter had been hidden amongst the stands, some time I reckon. I first clocked it back in 2018 and was immediately struck by the time and effort that had obviously gone into it's construction; it was sturdily built and fairly weather proof, which is not the case for most of the forest's shelters, in fact it was unique amongst them. Once Burley New Enclosures grand design, the finest shelter in the forest; more recently a woodland bong house; today I was disappointed to find it had been completely flattened by the forestry, you could see the tractor tracks. Shame really, I always favour leaving these and other woodland creations to fade naturally over the years, it adds to the woodlands aesthetic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment