Sunday 15 August 2021

Barton

 
We walked the coast to the edge of Milford-on-Sea and back this morning, about 11 miles. It was another grey drab walking day, we even had rain on our backs for a good chunk of the outward leg; that said, it brightened for our return. Nice walking whatever. I don't mind walking alone (other human wise, I mean), though not all the time. It must be nearly 18 months since I last walked with friends... and, that's a long time. Of course circumstances dictate, so no point moaning. I miss the walking talks though, where our long form conversations would range wildly; all those conversations 'we' never had I've still had to myself... I really do go on. Such turbulent times too, with so many topics and events to talk about, a period of huge socio-political, cultural, economic and environmental crises...and I've got opinions on most of them. Time with myself has me thinking my friends must be enjoying a welcome break from me.

1 comment:

  1. *sigh* I miss 'em too, even your constant wittering! :-)

    ReplyDelete