Sunday 16 September 2018

Nice rack!

Wow! I always say, walk off the beaten track to really find the forest and if you do she'll reveal her secrets to you. Walking I came across a deer's skeleton, flesh long gone, the bones remain articulated, well, in place at least, all except for the skull. I look about for the skull but it wasn't to be found, oh well, I thought, imagining the prize had already been found I moved off.  Something made me alter my course and I turned through 90 degrees, 5m on I found this majestic rack, some meters from the tail of the skeleton, presumably moved by animals. Of course, I thanked the forest for the guidance given, and marvelled at the rack. I've found antlers many times (I have a load of them, I've used for things like soft hammers for knapping), small racks too, but nothing like this. Strangely though I was overcome with the feeling that this find belonged to the forest, I could take though it wouldn't be right, and so I hatched a plan. I hid the rack, and walked on, putting flesh on the bones of my plan (if you excuse the pun) as I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment