Monday 16 April 2018

A walk to the shops

The changing season and changing weather brings new walking opportunities, even the regular mundane chore walks can take on new dimensions. I had several chores to attend to today, in a range of places. My travels took me along along cliff tops, sandy beaches and across 2 ferries, I crossed 2 rivers, one via two ferry rides and the other via a ferry ride and 2 bridges, I enjoyed a harbour walk, a wander amongst water meadows and reeds, I visited a museum (and could have visited another), passed a range of important prehistoric settlements, through an ancient Saxon Burh, by a Norman Keep and a priory which survived Henry VIII, as well as that I visited old haunts and again collected nettles for soup.  Thirteen miles, in all, a wonderful walk. As I walked I reflected on how lucky I was to live in a place where the walk to the chemist, shops and food fortress, can cover such wonders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment