Tuesday 10 March 2015

Tree stack

I love finding odd stuff out in the woods, it poses questions and allows your mind to wander off into a myriad of possibilities. Here wood has been stacked off the ground in a stunted gnarly tree. I could only imagine that the wood has been placed there in order to keep it off the ground and dry for future burning, although storing it flat, as it is, would mean it would get wetter and stay wetter than if stored upright or at an acute angle. When I create wood caches for fire practices or fuel for the ghillie, mind, they're all smaller than this one, I tend to wrap them in a bark outer, if available, and store at an acute angle. I've found this to be a successful method of keeping the wood store dry, even after episodes of rain. It could be that I'm wrong and that there is another purpose, or maybe there's no purpose at all other than passing the time. I wonder what people think if they come across the things I leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment