Tuesday 31 January 2012

Doolittle

I was honoured today when I was approached by a pony. Usually more aloof, this pony was friendly, pulled some great faces and didn't flinch as you stretched out your hand. Some months back I walked with a commoner in these woods looking for her ponies, one in particular, I used that name today and got a definite reaction; maybe it was her or maybe it was merely the change in my tone that got the reaction. Still, it's always a pleasure to pass some time with woodland dwellers and today I was thrice privileged. After the pony, I spied a woodpecker pecking on a bough, a rare treat as I usually hear them but they allude my view and then a beautiful fox crossed my path, deep auburn and black it looked in rude health. Lovely walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment